Your privacy is important to Us which is why we do not collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store your information from your visit to our website site.
No Cookies are used
Our Weblog does not require you to register for an account to read the articles, but does require registration to comment on articles, and therefore, certain information is saved and stored in a cookie and on the server of our weblog to allow you to have an account.
None of the information is sold, shared, or saved by Company. We cannot send you your password, or anything related to your account that is related to our weblog.
Smith Vineyard Weblog Use Agreement
This Smith Vineyard Weblog Use Agreement (the “Agreement”) provides important information about your use of the Smith Vineyard’s Weblog site (the “Site”). You should read it, understand it, and consider printing a reference copy as you use the Site.
IMPORTANT: IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MUST ACCEPT IT AS PRESENTED TO YOU, WITHOUT CHANGES. SMITH VINEYARD WILL ACCEPT NO ADDITIONS OR DELETIONS. At any time Smith Vineyard’s may change, add, or remove any part of this Agreement or any part of the services and features provided at the Site. If it does so, Smith Vineyard’s will update the Agreement and may also post such changes.
IF ANY FUTURE CHANGE IS UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOU SHOULD DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE WILL ALWAYS INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY CHANGES TO IT.
• As long as you comply with the Agreement, Smith Vineyard’s grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited privilege to enter and use the Site.
• Views expressed on the Site, other than that of Smith Vineyard’s, are not endorsed by Smith Vineyard’s.
• Smith Vineyard does not prescreen information submitted by users of the Site (“Submissions”). Smith Vineyard retains the right, but not the responsibility, to edit or remove any Submission, including those deemed by Smith Vineyard’s to violate the Agreement. Smith Vineyard’s will make good faith efforts to investigate allegations that Submissions violate the Agreement but (a) makes no warranty to you that it will edit, remove, or continue to permit the display of any specific Submission, whether or not subject to such allegations, and (b) will have no liability whatsoever for editing, removing, or continuing to permit the display of any Submission whatsoever.
• Smith Vineyard’s involvement. Smith Vineyard may respond to questions but does not formally provide technical support on the Site. Any information that is provided by Smith Vineyard or Smith Vineyard’s employees is offered on an “AS IS” basis without warranties of any kind.
• Smith Vineyard’s may offer you benefits and award privileges for your participation in the Site. The benefits and privileges provided do not create an employee, agency, or independent contractor relationship between you and Smith Vineyard, and you may not present yourself as a spokesperson for Smith Vineyard.
• By using the Site, you agree to receive certain communications from Smith Vineyard in connection with Smith Vineyard’s Weblog Site. For example, you may receive reminder emails for posts if you have not visited Smith Vineyard’s Weblog Site for a certain period of time, a notice of a new post, or a response to a comment.
• Stay on topic. Smith Vineyard Weblog Site is here to inform people about Smith Vineyard products, films, events, and news more effectively. Unless otherwise noted, do not add Submissions about nontechnical topics, including:
• Speculations or rumors about unannounced products.
• Discussions of Smith Vineyard policies or procedures or speculation on Smith Vineyard decisions.
• Be polite. Everyone should feel comfortable reading Submissions and participating in discussions. Smith Vineyard will not tolerate flames or other inappropriate statements, material, or links. Most often, a “flame” is simply a statement that is taunting and thus arbitrarily inflammatory. However, this also includes those which are libelous, defamatory, indecent, harmful, harassing, intimidating, threatening, hateful, objectionable, discriminatory, abusive, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or offensive in a sexual, racial, cultural, or ethnic context.
• Post constructive comments and questions. Unless otherwise noted, your Submission should either be a technical support question or a technical support answer. Constructive feedback about product features is welcome as well. If your Submission contains the phrase “I’m sorry for the rant, but…” you are likely in violation of this policy.
•Do not post polls or petitions or links to same.
Test your answer. When possible, make sure your Submission works on your own computer before you post it.
No advertising. Do not use the Site to sell or market your products to others and do not post a URL unless it is related to the original article or rebuttal to Smith Vineyard. If any portion of your Submission, including any posted URL, results in any accrual of compensation or benefit to you, you must note this in your post by stating, “I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.” As well, the following are not allowed:
• A submission created solely to advertise a book, service, software or some other item for sale: unloess otherwise given prior written permission by Smith Vineyard.
• Any reference, including a link, to a commercial item that is not directly related to the original article, or relevant to the article.
• No inappropriate user names (“Aliases”) or impersonations. Inappropriate or offensive user names or aliases will be removed and persons attempting to impersonate another user will be removed. User names may not contain website, email addresses or other contact information.
Keep within the Law
• No material may be submitted that is intended to promote or commit an illegal act.
• Do not submit software or descriptions of processes that break or otherwise ‘work around’ digital rights management software or hardware. This includes conversations about ‘ripping’ DVDs.
• Do not post defamatory material.
• Comments submitted must be your own work and thoughts or work to which you have a license. You warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the information contained in your Submission.
• License to Use Submission. By sending a Submission to the Site you agree to grant Smith Vineyard a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to the Submission. If you do not want to grant to Smith Vineyard the rights set out above, do not send your Submission to the Site.
• Never reveal any personal information.
• You must be at least 13 years old to post to the Site. If you are over 13 years old but have not yet reached the age of majority, you must have your parent or guardian’s permissions to post to the Site.
Interference with the Site
• You agree to not interfere with or disrupt the Site.
Breach of the Agreement
• If you fail to abide by these terms Smith Vineyard may remove your submission. Smith Vineyard may also send an email that informs you that your Submission has been deleted or edited. Repeated inappropriate Submissions may result in your relevant account or accounts being placed into temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of the areas on the Site.
• If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to the Site or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior which Smith Vineyard considers to be serious and/or repeated, Smith Vineyard may use all available information about you to stop any further infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school, Internet service provider, or law enforcement authorities of the infringement.
• Smith Vineyard reserves the right to delete any Submission, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.